Saturday, October 17, 2020

Slight changes because of Covid







I have been basically a food shooter since 1988. Over those years I have worked with all of the best food stylists in the NYC metro area. Only very occasionally have I been asked to be the photographer and food stylist. Well, Arla Brands asked me to shoot in my studio and send then jpgs and do the food styling. I can do this because I have seen my own stylists do it so many times. I don't know all of the tricks and I take much longer but it all worked well. It took me three days to prop and food shop, food style and shoot six main images. To just shoot would have been only one day. I began by shopping for both props (most from my own prop shelves) and the food needed. I had to shop 2 more times as I would realize that I had not gotten something (a real food stylist never has to do that). Food like toasted cheese sandwiches are tough but I got a nice cheese pull and think things look great. So were it not for covid I would have worked one day and instead I got to be a food stylist and shoot for three. Yea!

8 comments:

clipping paths said...

I love these photos soo helpful! Thank you for sharing the equipment names as well! Would you use Lightroom instead of Photoshop for post-production?

Bill Truran Productions! said...

I use photoshop entirely

Pricila Khan said...

Thank you for sharing these photo as well as all equipment names which are used in photography. But you can also use Lightroom instead of Photoshop in photo editing. Which will make your product more attractive.

Sincerest wishes for your wellbeing.

Clipping Path Asia

Anonymous said...

Hi
thanks for sharing this important tips, I have benefited a lot from your tips, thank you so much .

transparent background photoshop

product photography

Reliy Jennings said...

Hi
thanks for sharing this important tips, I have benefited a lot from your tips, thank you so much .

Reliy Jennings said...

Hi
thanks for sharing this important tips, I have benefited a lot from your tips, thank you so much .

https://clippingexpertasia.com

Smart TV Review said...

Buy Smart TV Now click here Smart TV Price in Bangladesh

IGI Insurance said...

Thanks for sharing beautiful items pictures and information. it's very amazing about best ="https://ibnfilms.com/food-photography/" title="food photography">food photography